2Tips on Discounts for Auto Insurance
* Safe driver – If you’ve had no at-fault accidents or traffic violations, then you should be able to get discounts on your car insurance.
* Safety features – If your car is equipped with certain safety features, then you could be eligible for discounts on your insurance. Ask your agent if they offer discounts for things like air bags, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
* Anti-theft device – If your car comes equipped with an anti-theft device, then you get discounts for that. You can also install your own alarm system or a vehicle recovery transceiver.
* Good student discounts – Most insurance companies will offer discounts for students who maintain a certain grade level in school. Since most insurances will charge young drivers more until they are 25, maintaining a certain GPA can be a great way to get discounts on your insurance for drivers who are 25 and younger.
* Don’t let your insurance lapse – If you’re thinking about finding a new insurance provider, then do it early. Don’t wait until your insurance lapses. Aside from the fact that you can’t drive your car if it’s uninsured, you can be eligible for a discount for maintaining insurance constantly when you switch to another company.
The biggest key to getting the best rates on your car insurance is shopping around. Be sure to ask each insurance company what kind of discounts they offer to their customers, so you can be sure you’re getting the best rates and the most discounts possible that are available to you.